1. Drafting / Reviews of all the Contract documents.
2. Writes and presents contractual claims analysis with Commercial, Technical and Legal inputs.
3. Regular member / part of the meetings (monthly or weekly) with the EPC Contractor to follow the themes of the project
4. Answers contractual correspondence and ensures follow-up letters sent and received from the EPC Contractor,
5. Reviews the progress and status of milestone payments.
6. Negotiates and manages the additional costs and EPC Contractor's claims.
7. Timely reports technical, commercial, contractual variances to the Manager of the Project Company.
8. Solves problems of variances/deviations with EPC Contract together with the construction Manager.
9. Monitors and keeps updated when needed the overall schedule of the plant construction integrating the EPC schedule with the schedule of permits, authorizations and other contractual obligations.
10. Writes contractual Memo summarizing issues which occurred during the design review stage and/or at the site during construction.
11. Writes contractual letters to EPC Contractor, off-taker, local authorities, environmental authorities
12. Sound knowledge of latest INCOTERMS or International Commercial Terms published by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) relating to international commercial law.
13. Identifies/anticipates deliverables to be given to Off-taker, State Nodal Agencies, MNRE, MOP, CTU, State Transco, DISCOM , State / Central Environmental authorities - in due course.
Desired experience and expertise:
LLB with 7 - 10 years exp
Excellent academic track record and technical acumen
You will also be expected to have:
Good Communication – both verbal and written
"Roll-up-your-sleeves" entrepreneurial, start-up attitude
The ability to work across teams and functions effectively